Saturday, November 24, 2007

eBay Poster (Gangsta Dre - Gang Banging Poetry)

Duration: 00:7 minutes
Upload Time: 2007-09-29 22:57:30
User: randombutler
:::: Favorites
:::: Top Videos of Day
Description:

I was pretty tired when I made this new video so my voice might sound kind of high. This one shows a poster I bought off eBay that is from 1996 and was made to promote Gangsta Dre's album Gang Banging Poetry. The auction was listed with the words "Dr. Dre" in the title, but all the information contained within was very specifically talking about the Gangsta Dre album so I have to believe the seller was misrepresenting the item in that way. Oh well, I knew what I was getting, so the labeling didn't throw me off. Anyway, I really think I got a good deal, and the poster is pretty cool (despite the main body having some very noticeable artifacts from apparently having been blown up from a significantly smaller size). It shows a scene of some guys putting other guys in a trunk and pointing and uzi at one of their heads. It's kind of a violent image, but there's also a big spooky face (the same on that appears on the back part of the album's CD case under the text) overlayed very lightly on top of the scene. So, I won the auction and payed only $6.50 for the poster, including shipping. It arrived today, which is why I made the video. Perhaps the most interesting part about receiving the poster today was actually came wrapped inside of another poster rolled up as a makeshift shipping tube! This second poster, viewed briefly in the video and made of a thicker, poster board-like material, shows a baseball player in an Oakland Athletics uniform holding a bat and stepping into a swing. It's labeled at the bottom as "1998 American League Rookie of the Year Ben Grieve." I don't know if this unexpected second poster was worth anything (pretty doubtful based on the way it was used to send another poster within it), but it certainly isn't any more since I kind of ripped up one edge while opening the parcel before I noticed the printing on the inside! All in all, I thought this was a very funny way to send a poster through the mail.

Comments

No comments: